Dedicated Advocate Fighting For the Rights of Construction Injury Victims
Construction workers have a higher risk of being injured or dying on the job than people in most other lines of work. According to the Occupational and Safety Administration, construction workers account for the most work-related fatalities. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a construction accident, choosing an experienced, skilled, and dedicated workers’ compensation attorney to handle the claim makes a difference in the outcome.
At the San Francisco Law Offices of Alex Bonilla, P.C., we make it a priority to address the concerns you have about getting the medical treatment needed to make a full recovery. We help to overcome the financial strain created by losing wages while out of work. We have the knowledge and experience to get you through the workers’ compensation claims process. We also know how to pursue claims against third parties whose negligence may have caused or contributed to your injuries.
Common construction site hazards
Construction sites present an ideal setting for accidents to occur. Workers perform extremely physical tasks using potentially dangerous equipment and machinery in an environment shared with trucks, forklifts, and other types of mechanized equipment. Some of the most common construction accidents include:
- Falls: Many construction workers use ladders and scaffolding to perform their jobs. Falls from heights or falling into an open trench or a hole may cause serious injuries or death. Debris, tools, and equipment left on the ground may also pose a risk of causing a worker to fall and be injured.
- Electrocution and electrical burns: The use of welding equipment, power tools, and generators exposes workers to the risk of suffering injuries from an electrical shock or burn.
- Trench collapse: The collapse of an open trench may cause severe, crushing injuries or suffocation for a worker trapped within it.
- Repetitive motion: Construction workers may be called upon to perform the same physical activity over and over again. The repetitive nature of these activities may cause damage to muscles, nerves, and tendons leading to pain and disability.
An accident may cause you to suffer serious medical issues, including:
- Neck, shoulder and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury and other head injuries
- Crushed or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Partial or full loss of limbs, fingers or toes
- Hearing impairment
- Eye injuries
As the victim of a work-related injury, you have the right to benefits under the workers’ compensation insurance California employers must make available to you. Your benefits may include:
- Payment of costs related to your medical care and treatment
- Lost wages
- Compensation for temporary or permanent disability
A family losing a loved one in a construction accident needs time to grieve. That’s why we pursue a claim for workers’ compensation death benefits on their behalf to relieve them of the burden.
Pursuing third-party claims for injured workers
When the negligence of a subcontractor, equipment manufacturer or other party causes caused or contributed to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation from that party. A successful third-party claim may provide payment for items not paid through workers’ compensation, including pain and suffering. If our investigation of the accident reveals evidence of fault on the part of a third party, we aggressively pursue the claim to get you the compensation you deserve.
Hard-hitting representation getting you the compensation you deserve
Getting the compensation you deserve can be a burden when trying to recover from the severe injuries usually associated with construction accidents. The San Francisco Law Offices of Alex Bonilla, P.C. aggressively fights to get you the workers’ compensation benefits and other compensation you deserve.